12.07.2011

My first encounter with Italians....


After we landed, I had to go to the bathroom. So I follow the signs with the stick figure with the dress on. It leads me to these 2 entryways. The left had the boy stick figure. The right had the girl. I watched a boy walk into the left entryway, and as I went to the right, there were a group of men standing in the entryway. So I back up. Look at the sign again. Girls check. Look at the men. Watch a gender neutral person walk out of the “girls” bathroom and right as I decide to just hold it and walk away, this man looks at me with an annoyed look on his face and says, “Prego”. It was seriously with the attitude of a 13 year old teenage girl. So I awkwardly walk through the group of men into the ladies restroom. It was awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment