4.06.2013

Home Sweet Home

He is home. Home Sweet Home.

I can't even express the amount of relief, sheer relief that was lifted from my shoulders when I saw him and when I finally held him in my embrace. It was literally a perfect moment.

The day began with another homecoming just hours before. Only slightly stressful, but a perfect distraction. I ran around the gym, playing with little ones, calming down stressed out friends, watching the boys file in, snapping pictures for friends, then helping the Chosen boys find their Welcome Bags, posters, and food back at the company head quarters.



Kaitlin and I had 20 minutes- we touched up in the head quarters bathroom...gross...and headed back to the gym for OUR turn. MY turn. I have been to so many homecomings that this one felt just like any other one, except I didn't have a camera in my hand the whole time. It was my turn to be the subject in the camera.

When they started playing that song. The famous song, The Boys Are Back in Town, our heads snapped towards to the door to watch. Impatiently waiting to see his face. Katie to my left, Kaitlin holding my right hand, and Lindsey beside her. Taylor was the first one spotted. Then Mason. Next Alex. And I was still waiting. And waiting. Panic is seriously the best way to describe the following moments. It felt like a hand was squeezing my heart. This was my nightmare coming to life. It was seriously happening! My sweet friends all stopped screaming and yelling and started scanning the crowd for me. "He has to be here, Anna." "We will find him" "They called you to tell you he was here." "This is the last flight, they didn't leave him."







Caleb, one of James' squad leaders, "I see him!"





I have never been so thankful for another set of eyes. I rushed over to where Caleb was, totally disregarding the prayer, and frantically tried to follow his finger through the crowd. Found him!

Literally just in time. I found him, and they were released, and I was gone.








I wish I could describe it. Put into words what it felt like. The emotions my heart felt. But I'm not that good with words. You'll just have to trust me. Definitely won't experience another moment like that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment