4.13.2011

The Reason

It seems that everyone is blogging these days. It's the new fad for anyone in their 20's. So why not right? Well, I like to tell myself that I have a legitimate reason for starting this. We are moving. We need to keep in touch. We need to remember. So blog about it. It sounds easier than journaling. At least I hope so...I never was a big journaler. Which is probably going to make blogging a little more difficult. But that is okay. Right now I don't have much going on in my life. So blogging it is! 

Ultimately, I wanted to start a blog when we moved to Italy, but I am kind of glad that I started earlier because this took me about 2 days to figure out, and I probably would have given up in Italy. We have plenty of time till the move, but I have a feeling we will also have some adventures trying to figure out how to even get over there and what we need to even bring. 

I guess I also wanted to explain the name of the so called blog. I have been obsessed with the poem by EE Cummings, i carry your heart with me. It has been my obsession since September, when my brother and sister-in-law had it on their wedding program. I read it. Loved it. And then had tons of memories of high school teachers hashing out this poem and making us write analysis about it. But ever since, we moved down to Georgia, I have thought about the poem a lot more. It is a romantic poem. A beautiful romantic poem. Throughout college, I carried James in my heart. He was my fate, he was my sweet, and I was never without him even though we saw each other every couple of months. But I started thinking about how it related to my life as a whole. I have an close-knit family. It was definitely a transition to move away to go to college and not live everyday with them. But I carried them in my heart.  I have made and been blessed to keep amazing friends in my life. Life friends, that I have known since birth and still have the privilege to have them stand beside me on my wedding day. People who I don't see everyday, and can't call up everyday, but when we get a chance to chat it's as if time never passed. High school friends, that have grown with me during the most awkward times of my life and stayed close to my heart throughout college. And my college friends, those girls that know my heart, watched me make the biggest decisions of my life, challenged my heart, listened when I was upset, and understood when I was being irrational. And now we are all scattered around the United States. We all have our own lives now. But I carry them in my heart. 

I am not afraid to move across the world for a couple of years because of this. I know they are in my heart, and I am in theirs. 

i carry your heart with me 
ee cummings
i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)
i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet) i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you
here
here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows 
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry you heart(i carry it in my heart)




No comments:

Post a Comment