4.30.2011

A Little Lesson.

I love music. Not necessarily in the way that two of my best friends Maddie and Amy love it- always on the look out for the up and coming young artists and bands that I usually refer to as playing "sad songs," but in a way that certain music and really certain notes that are played in songs will strike my soul and can literally bring tears to my eyes. It is kind of weird. I admit. And it makes me feel old that I can basically cry if I listen to a random song in the car but it hits those perfect notes and leads me to tears. 

Some songs I love because I feel like they are prayers. I've never been the best at conveying my thoughts. Sometimes ideas and words get lost on the journey from my brain to my mouth. And I rarely think of myself as being articulate. Usually my emotions can get the better of me and I end up getting twisted up with words in an argument or discussion. So I love that songs are already written. I can convey emotions, especially, if I already have the words written for me. That is probably why I loved acting so much growing up, and another reason why I have yet to tell anyone about this blog... The words were there and it was my job to convey the words to everyone else so they could understand and feel the power behind them. Songs do that for me. Sometimes they are prayers to a God that my words could never be good enough for. Sometimes the music is more of a connection between the powerful Creator and His creation, me.

I heard this song and got chills- pretty typical. But then I thought about where it was being performed. Not at a church. But at place that is filled with non believers and believers. This is how God reaches those who don't know him. By music.

1 comment:

  1. Somber. You called them "somber songs" or "slow songs" or, even once, "shitty songs." :)

    ReplyDelete