5.09.2011

A Wedding Weekend.

This past week has been crazy. I drove 13 hours up to the outer banks to hang out with one of my best friends before she got married, only to hop in the car on Saturday to make it down to Atlantic Beach to watch my cousin get married. Did I mention that I hate driving? I do. I hate being trapped for that amount of time. And being a passenger in the car is only a smidge better. Cars and I just don't get along. Never have and never will.

This week was different though. I'd do anything and be anywhere for Shannon, so when she said Corolla, I said- I'll be there! And so I was. Luckily, Shannon and her family allowed me to come down 2 days early and spend time with them as they prepared for the big day. It was a special time for me, especially since I was not able to attend the actual wedding. 
Shannon and I first met on the couch at the Kappa Delta house. She started picking me up to go to church and our car rides too and from quickly became integrated with stories of our life and our faith. She wanted to go to Nursing School and so did I. We lived together during a summer and a semester of school. We stayed up late studying. We supported each other in nursing school. We went to mixers together. We ate dinner together- she usually cooked. We went to Africa together. We went to Maple View Ice Cream, and we would randomly go to Raleigh to hang out with her parents and to get away from Chapel Hill. We did a lot together and quickly became really close. Shannon was always encouraging me in my spiritual life and she has always been one of the people I look to when I need help. Her brother put it perfectly at her rehearsal dinner, she is always serving other people. And it is true. And I am so blessed to have been served by her. 

Now she is married. And I have a married friend! Not that it matters, but at least I'm not the only one anymore! Here is me with the beautiful bride at the rehearsal dinner.

Then I got to drive down the coast of North Carolina to Atlantic Beach to see my cousin get married. Will and Margaret. I love Will and Margaret separately and I love them together. They have been through thick and and thin and are a perfect example of what it means to love. Even though I was unable to attend their rehearsal dinner, I was able to witness their commitment to each other front row! Margaret was beautiful and Will almost had me crying when I saw the look on his face as he got his first glimpse of his bride. 

The Robinson family has always been close and it is so much fun to be able to celebrate with them. Let's just say that the Robinson's know how to party. 

I have been waiting a long time for Will and Margaret to tie the knot. It's been a year and a half since his proposal and it's been a crazy year and half at that! Well, in my life it has been crazy.

I am so glad to know have Margaret be a part of the family, officially!

First Dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment