10.11.2011

Oh, Fall

I'll be honest with you, I am a summer girl. I like the heat, and while it definitely got hot and humid here in south Georgia, I honestly didn't mind it. People have called Columbus, Ga the "armpit" of the South because of the humidity and heat- but I would have to disagree with that statement. It definitely gets hot and sometimes hard to breathe due to the 100% humidity, but you get use to it. James, on the other hand- loves fall. It is his favorite time of year. He loves wearing sweatshirts and long pants with this boots. So this household LOVES 2 out of the 4 seasons. Perfect.

Even though I am a self proclaimed "summer girl," I LOVE pumpkin. I use to have pumpkin pies for my June birthday. So when fall comes around- I am really pumped because I get to stock up on the pumpkin. And Starbucks has a pumpkin spice latte- so that helps.

This past week, I went a little over board on the pumpkin. But I made a pumpkin spice latte in the crockpot- amazing- and made pumpkin scones.


Both of these recipes I found via pinterest...another obsession. The latte was to die for...sadly I accidentally left it out over night and the milk definitely went bad. So I am going to make it again...this week. Then James can have a cup of homemade pumpkin latte every morning before work.

The pumpkin scones on the other hand looked great....didn't quite taste like a scone- more like a muffin. I do have a theory for why they scones weren't really scones- I think the pumpkin made the dough way too moist. I think I can correct it by adding more flour to counter act for the moisture that the pumpkin adds...but I also think I could add more pumpkin to make the taste full of more flavor, but then that is even more flour to add. Oh well. I'll let you know if it actually works and makes the scones actually taste like a scone.

More to come about our trip to North Carolina!

No comments:

Post a Comment