4.09.2012

Mom's Arrival

Mom came! We both knew she wouldn't last until December...and boy am I glad she didn't wait that long. I picked her up at the airport in tears...first time I've been to the airport- got lost, typical, and I just couldn't believe it was actually time for her to be here!

Her ultimate reason for visiting was to organize my house. It was like my house was 90% finished, but I couldn't figure out how to exactly finish...so she fixed it. The house now looks put together! I will post pictures soon of everything and the headboard we built! Yes, we built a headboard. It was awesome.

The rest of her trip was filled with Venice, Marostica, Nove, and Nicoli. Saturday, I forced Mom to go see the Hunger Games. Thank goodness she was a good sport and even tried to finish reading the first book before we went to the movie. I felt slightly bad but movies only come to post for 2 days...seriously. And we were lucky to get The Hunger Games a week after it came!! So we had to go see it.

On Sunday, we spent the day in Venice! This was the first time James and I spent in Venice during the day, so we were ready to go. We wandered our way around the city. We ate a horrible, horrible restaurant that put canned mushrooms on Mom's pizza and charged 16euro for their house wine. House wine. Not a legitimate place. But we met an awesome couple from Richmond and talked to them during lunch! They were hysterical- apparently the husband was suppose to plan the Venice part of the trip...which turned into, "Everyone says to just get lost in Venice!" and her response, "I am NOT getting lost in Venice."

We even tried to venture into the Murano glass factory...not allowed. We got turned away as soon as we walked through the door. But there was a cute little jewellery shop and Mom picked out a cute little necklace. We wandered all afternoon. We found beautiful bridges, narrow alley ways, and some tasty gelato.







 More to come on Marostica!

No comments:

Post a Comment