4.05.2012

Promotion Time

I received a text Monday morning that said, I'm getting promoted on Thursday. I had knew it was close to promotion time, but I had no idea that it was actually HERE!! Initially, we were bummed because Mom was leaving on Thursday morning, but James' Battalion Commander was going to have to perform 2 promotion ceremonies so he made one on Wednesday so Mom could attend. We were beyond thankful!! Mama was so excited to say the least! I was too- this is the first time I had been at a ceremony like this since I missed his commissioning ceremony...whoops.

It was wonderful and intimidating and crazy at the same time. Everyone gathered at Battalion headquarters- and by everyone I mean a TON of people. James led me to believe that it was going to be in Col. Larsen's office with me, mom, and his Company Commander...wrong. It was a big deal. People fro the company and battalion were there to support James and the other LT that was getting promoted at the same time.

I was awkward. Per usual. The best/most awkward part was that i was told I was going to have to hit him and kiss him to "make it official". I of course, think everyone is joking. James' Company Commander and Platoon Sgt are both jokers. Big Jokers. So of course- why would I believe them?? I wouldn't. I didn't. The last thing I wanted to do was embarrass myself and James in front of everyone. Let me also add here that when the boys are in uniform, there is no PDA. None. Ever. James will seriously not even hold my hand. This just fed my belief that the wool was getting pulled over my eyes. Well needless to say, I was suppose to kiss him. So what it looked like was a SUPER awkward kiss. Col Larsen told me to kiss him, and I looked at him like really?? Is this a joke? Then I looked at James with big eyes like, please don't make me kiss you in front of everyone. He of course grabbed my head and forced the kiss...bless his heart. Now everyone probably thinks we hate each other :)

Our usual picture...James not cooperating.

Finally, a good one


Col Larsen talking about what a horrible job James is doing...


Me looking at the BC saying, "Right now?"


Me awkwardly kissing James and Col Larsen laughing...





It is official!! He is a 1st LT now! Woohoo!!!

1 comment: