8.29.2012

After the Rain

The smog here is bad. Really bad. As in, we have gorgeous, massive mountains directly north of us and the majority of times you can barely see them.

Which is why, I love the rain. Now, the rain rarely visits us. This summer it has rained 4 times. It rained the day Mary Kathryn and Kaylyn arrived in Italy, it rained one day when MK was here after James had left, it hailed one day, and it rained on Tuesday. That is it. Even though the storms come few and far between, I have learned to get very excited, because it means that you can actually SEE the mountains.

This past Tuesday, I heard the thunder starting roll and the rain starting to fall and I did the most logical thing next- took a nap. Duh. But when I woke up, I grabbed my camera and drove around town taking pictures of the mountains, fields, and corn! Once again...

I cannot believe I live here












 

2 comments: