8.09.2012

One Month

Actually, tomorrow it will be 5 weeks. Five whole weeks.

It has been hard to write anything recently. While posting pictures of trips is one thing, writing about much else doesn't really seem worth it. I have been busy these past 5 weeks. Mary Kathryn has kept me busy. We have traveled a lot. Vienna, Salzburg, and Rome- plus the shopping downtown and multiple trips to surrounding wineries. We ate out a lot- just to make sure she had the real Italian experience. I have tons of pictures from the trips...they will be up soon. 

But now, it's just me. Waiting for skype calls or emails and trying to figure out how to spend these next months. Once again 5 weeks. It's crazy that it has even been that long. The majority of the days, I feel like time couldn't move slower, so I don't know how it got to be 5 weeks down. I find myself thankful for the downtime. Some time to just sit and drink coffee...or wine, depending on what time it is...but mainly just a little bit of time to process. I haven't processed much yet...this week my body has been craving the tempo of the past weeks. So staying up late, going to the clinic, house sitting for friends, trying to keep plants alive, dealing with banks and bills, meeting friends out, putting together tricycles have filled the days. But it sometimes scares me, because I don't want this time to slip away...well I would like the time to slip away, I would like to blink and for it to just BE April. But time doesn't work that way. Time will creep away and steal the life that I have between now and then if I let it. 

I wanted to avoid survival mode, but the truth of the matter is that sometimes survival mode is the only mode you can get your body moving in, so I'm taking baby steps :) Trying to think of the little things around here that I want to do...like go to more coffee shops. I always walk around downtown and say, "Oh, I should go there, or try that" Why don't I just do it? So the rest of this month, I"m going to just do it. I'm going to be trying out different coffees and different little coffee and tea shops...or bars as the Italians say.

So here is to baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment