9.18.2012

Out with the Old, In with the New!

Why is growing things so hard?

Really...gardening just isn't my thing. I was so excited when spring finally arrived! Pretty sure I wrote a post about how excited I was...I even bought a plant at the market downtown! It was finally what I thought Italy would be like! The weather, the markets, the people outside! Spring was awesome and my plant represented that for me.

Well. It died. Pretty quickly. I watered and watered it. Someone told me I probably drowned it. The gardener eventually started feeling bad for the little thing, because Friday afternoons I would always find that the plant had been watered...and at this point in the summer, I had completely given up. My plant is SO DEAD that it looks dried. Like what people do with their wedding flowers to always have them....so embarrassing.




Every time I walk by, I make a mental note to go find another plant and try better. Every time. I walk in and out of my front door ALL the time. I have just been too lazy and honestly, slightly scared to try again. What if I kill this one?! If I think about it too much I can go down a long rabbit hole that leads me to question my ability to care for a child if I can't keep a plant alive. We are definitely going to need to practice with a puppy first.

Well today was a blessing. A blessing in disguise. I wanted to go to PWOC- Protestant Women of the Chapel. I did a four week Bible study this summer and really enjoyed it, but this fall will be my first time doing the REAL thing. I was a little nervous....I know people who go, but not a lot of people and I was just nervous I wouldn't fit in...reminds me of middle school. So I got up. Late. And exhausted. Contemplated not going. Decided to go. Took a shower. Noted that I was running late. Realized that I didn't was the conditioner out of my hair. Now running REALLY late. When I jumped into the car, I really thought that I should just turn around- clearly I wasn't suppose to go. I pushed through the thoughts, and just went. I am so so glad I did. I got into an awesome Bible Study, listened to a filling little sermon, and walked away with a flower plant!!

How did you get the plant, you ask??

I WON IT!!!! Woohoo!! And as we all know, I love winning things. It was great.

So I immediately came home and removed the old, crumbly dried up plant and replaced it with new life!!





Does anyone happen to know what kind of plant/flower this is....Need to look up and figure out if it likes sun/shade and how much water to feed it. It WILL live.


No comments:

Post a Comment