5.02.2012

What I'm Loving Wednesdays



Recently, I have really been trying to focus on all of the "little things." I started re-reading the book 1,000 Gifts while we were in Spain and it once again opened my eyes. It really does make the days better when you look for the little things that God has given you in the moment and does wonders for the soul to be thankful for them. The old saying, Stop and smell roses, has been my running through my head this past week. There is no need to rush through life, and right now I feel like the days are slipping through my fingers and I have nothing to grasp onto...except for those little things:
  • slow runs
  • finding a church
  • singing real music
  • greetings from members
  • the laughter from Molly
  • all of her silly faces
  • getting lost in deep thoughts
  • being brave enough to share 
  • sweatshirts
  • wine
  • finally being motivated to put away the laundry
  • updates from friends
  • prayers for those who are deployed
  • His perfect timing
  • falling asleep on the couch
  • waking up before the alarm
  • not falling back asleep
  • the poppies
  • the white flakes of some flower floating through the air
  • running into people all of the place and feeling comfortable enough to speak with them
  • a new friend
  • Skype

No comments:

Post a Comment