9.29.2011

Dahlonega

I took James back to Dahlonega. Back to Mountain phase. It wasn't completely intentional. I actually thought about it long and hard before I booked the hotel- worried that he wouldn't want to go back to a place that had so many memories attached to it. But I did it anyway. He loves the mountains. And those are the closest to us, so it was just going to have to do. Plus, we stayed in the city of Dahlonega and his little army camp was a little ways away- so it's basically a totally different place.

We stayed at the Park Place Hotel. It was awesome! It had the feel of a bed and breakfast- all of the rooms were different and ours had this great little sitting area with a love seat! But it still had the amenities of a hotel- towels, sheets, shampoo, conditioner, and a TV. So we were set. It was the perfect little get away. James slept for a LONG time and I had Good Morning America and Regis adn Kelly to keep me company! But he seriously needed to sleep...so I was completely entertained. 

The town of Dahlonega is precious! Right around the corner from our hotel was the town square. Literally a square! And it had the coolest stores: Fudge Factory, a General Store, little trinket shops, a cafe, an Irish pub, and all these little restaurants. So we piddled around- shopped a little bit, ate ice cream, went to the pub and a pizzeria, and in general just had a blast. This was my favorite store:
Such a great color! We also went a winery...awesome! It is called Monteluce- one of my friends down here suggested it, and boy are we glad! We were literally the only ones there and this older man took us on a tour and explained to us how they make the wine and the whole process. We even met one of the wine makers! The other one lives in Italy- his name is Stephano! I'm going to find him. Personal goal. But their wine is phenomenal! Sadly, it is only sold in Georgia right now, but it's okay because we bought a bottle. We taste-tested about 6 different red wines...seriously ah-maazing. Then James drove us home:)

The vineyard is on about 16 acres, but there is a whole development surrounding it- well up and coming development. And all of the houses have this Tuscan style architecture- beautiful. They also do a lot of weddings- which I can see why... The inside of the winery full of dark woods with vibrant, rich colors and fabrics- very Italian.


James and I had an absolute blast. It was very relaxing and beautiful. I highly recommend going to Dahlonega, Monteluce, and The Park Place Hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment