9.03.2011

What's goin' on sweet thing?

I got the phone call last night. I had been INSEPARABLE from my phone for the last 2 days, making things like playing/running around with some of my friends kids slightly difficult, but hey- it works out. But he finally called. Unknown displayed on my caller ID. So of course I answer by saying, James?? And the first words out of his mouth..."What's going on sweet thing?" Which of course translated to I passed, and I am happy. We spent the next 12 minutes in complete bliss- actually talking! I got to tell him about my day and how much I missed him- especially since the night before I had another nightmare. (He always wakes me up when I have them to make sure, I'm okay- apparently I haven't grown out of the nightmare phase...its annoying)

So he passed. Next we are moving on to the Florida phase. He said that the first couple of days would be focused around learning and then they would move into their field time. I did hear, via the Destin Newspaper, that the guys get a tutorial in snakes...makes me want to curl up and die...but I guess it is a good thing if they are in the swamps to know what snakes are poisonous or not. And this year apparently there will be a BOA CONSTRICTOR. sick. Guess rumors will be confirmed when he gets back.

The boys, that are airborne qualified, were suppose to fly down and then jump into Florida. Which of course is just another jump to add to their tally, but in reality it is another opportunity for injury. I guess since it is the holiday weekend no one wanted to fly them down and supervise the jump, so they canceled it! AWESOME news! One less thing to worry about- now I'm just worried about the snakes.

He also told me that he had just finished eating the care package I had sent- full of chips, homemade cookies, homemade muffins, Nerds, gummy bears, fruit roll ups, Reese pieces, and Swedish Fish. He said he shared too- which was good, but I left a note in the top of the box requesting that he at least at one of cookies and muffins...since they were homemade :)


I know this post is a little all over the place, but I wanted to share with you the conversation that we had...and it was all over the place.

We have been so blessed these past 6 weeks, and I'm praying hard that these next 3 will fly by.

No comments:

Post a Comment