9.21.2011

Is this Real Life?

Yep. I fell off the wagon. I was doing so well with the blog!! And then I left for Charlotte for 2 weeks...whoops. And I can't even get the pictures from the past 2 weeks off mom's camera...even more of a bummer. The last 2 weeks were crazy busy- seriously, I had morning walks with people, lunch dates, coffee dates, dinner dates planned ALL THE TIME. It was exhausting. And I gained like 12 pounds. Whoops.

The best part of the 2 weeks in North Carolina was that I got to travel around and see a TON of people. I was in Winston-Salem for a night and got see both Granddad's and Neal and Kathy and then got to spend some time in Durham/Raleigh/Wilson seeing a whole slew of people. AND I got to go to Chapel Hill...dangerous. I miss that place so much. Just walking around made me want to chain myself to a tree (to then be let go for this day when I get to see James). My Chapel Hill visits were also wonderful because I got to see Harrison Barnes and Tyler Zeller- so TALL!

But now I am back home. Preparing for James' couple hour pass tonight!! Woohoo!! I honestly can't believe that it has been 60 days since James has been home. And by home, I mean truly home- not the 8 hour pass and the couple phone conversations. They were great little perks, but he will be home on Friday. Sleeping in the bed. Eating food that I make. Watching our TV. Driving the car (so glad I don't have to do that anymore). I am trying to mentally prepared for our grocery bill this month...James told me he wanted to spend a hour to an hour and a half at the grocery when he got back- Winn-Dixie, WATCH OUT.

I almost don't even believe that today is the day... I guess I'll just have to wait till I see him walk out of that gate!

No comments:

Post a Comment