6.13.2011

Destin Bound.

The girls...Meredith, Fawn and I decided that we would take a little vacation to Destin while the boys were gone. I should have written about this last week...but I was gone in Destin, and when I returned home I was anxiously awaiting James' return, so sitting still enough to write on the blog just was not going to happen. So I waited a week. At this time last week, I was getting ready. It was perfect that the 3 of us went because we were intent on making it cheap. We ate out once, had great dinners that we cooked in our little kitchenette, and stayed at the Army Resort place. I am not going to lie- I was a little scared of staying there, but it was actually really nice! It was like a hotel and you could even rent little cottages. The resort place we stayed at was right on the harbor and it was beautiful. Every night we would sit out on some lawn chairs and watch the sky change colors, the moon rise high above us, and the fish jump out of the water.

It worked out perfectly to get away for a bit. Each of us had our lows and our highs on opposite schedules so we could easily pull each other up. We also each shared our life stories- which was really awesome. It pulled us together, showed each other our hearts, and really bonded us on a deeper level. We got the best complement when we were down there as well... our waiter asked us if we were sisters, when we looked at each other, scrunched our foreheads and said no, he responded well y'all must have been friends for a really long time then. We laughed, and he walked away. A long time or 3 months- either one :) I prayed really hard for friends before we moved down here. I was so nervous that it was going to be hard to meet people but really harder to find people that I would actually get along with. The army is always going to surround me with wives, but my fear is that I am not actually going to like any of the people that are surrounded by me...and I am sure one day it will happen, but I am thankful that it has not happened yet.

Here are some pictures from our trip:
 Decided to have seafood each night because we were by the ocean. Perfect sense!
 This was our view every night. After Fawn put Tirzah down for bed, we would sit out here and talk for hours.

 Shrimp, veggies, cheese, crackers, and wine. Sounded like a perfect dinner to us!
 Meredith brought her 2 person tent so Tirzah could sleep on the beach.


 We like these pictures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment