6.04.2011

The Power Saw.

I had a terrible experience at Lowe's. Shock, I know. I'm pretty sure everyone thinks I'm crazy because the people at Lowe's are suppose to be the nicest people around right? Wrong. This man was rude. They were all slightly rude, but this one man was extremely rude. One random comment about myself, but I promise it will help you better understand the story: I am very sensitive to tone. I don't like it when people yell at me, at all, but I can get pretty caught off guard even when people take a certain tone with me. Usually it is shock, because I don't think people should be speaking to me in that manner, but if it's a man who speaks to me in a certain tone, then I usually cry. Weird, I know. But this man at Lowe's of course spoke to me in that tone. It was awful. Add to that, that the man wouldn't even help me and I got passed off from employee to employee. So what is my reaction? To hysterically cry. Awful. Embarrassing. Infuriating. It just made it worse knowing that if James had gone to do this at Lowe's that he probably would have gotten it done in half the time and people would have inevitably been kind a courteous to him. Because that is logical. 

I came home. Mad and upset. Well, by came home, I mean sat on the front step of Fawn's crying some more until she opened the door. We decided that since those rude men wouldn't help us, we were going to take it into our own hands. So we did. I waited till 7:00 that night, hoping that the change of shift would have occurred and everyone at Lowe's would have gone home and new people would have started. I ran in. Didn't ask anyone for help. Carried my own 36"x12"x 3/4" board, polyurethane can, paint brush, and 3 1x6x6 boards to the check out line-Of course ran into one of the men I cried in front of, go figure. And headed out to the car.


 Ready to go! I headed over to Fawn's. Rummaged through Daniel's tools. Found his power saw- James' was at the bottom of the Army aka Junk closet. Set up the saw horses that I borrowed from the maintenance man. Measured Twice.



 And cut once. 
Thanks to my handy dandy "holder" and photographer this was all safely done.
 Power tools are awesome. I have now decided that James and I are definitely building our house- if we ever settle down in a single place and that I am going to help build it. I'm letting him know of this plan when he comes home. I think he will like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment