1.04.2012

Productivity.

Today I was independent. It is amazing how being productive can be overwhelming when you haven't been for so long. I knew today was going to be busy. And I knew that I was going to have to drive all by myself. On the road. With all of the crazies. I basically didn't sleep last night I was so nervous about the driving. A friend let me borrow their car so I was able to get to our house by 8am to wait for the appliance guys and loaner furniture (table, bed, sofa). Sadly, I forgot the keys and had to make the trip back to post and then off again, which ultimately led to me getting tailed by a seriously angry driver, flicked off, and honked at- the only positive thing out of this was more practice time on the roads.

As I waited, I walked around trying to picture our stuff here- and it was hard. (Insert mini heart attack) I realized that we have a lot of doors. Why does this place have so many freakin' doors? Where am I suppose to put a couch if the majority of walls have doors on them? So I'm going to figure out how to take some of them down. That is possible, right? I mean it can't be that hard. If I could remove 3 of them it would be so helpful. Doors take up a lot more space that I ever would have imagined. You can't put anything behind them! Thus begins my hatred of doors.

I was also invited over to my friends house for coffee, which was an awesome last minute surprise. And also involved me driving to one of the small towns outside of Vicenza, which went smoothly! I made it there and back in piece and didn't get lost. The best thing about the roads here are that they don't have stop lights, well they have very few stop lights. Instead all of the roads are full of little road-a-bouts. They are my favorite part!! While slightly dangerous, it works out great if you miss a turn because all you do is keep driving around in a circle, maybe even a couple of times before you get it right. Plus, people don't think you are lost...

While driving around the town and not getting lost was a huge accomplishment, the sad part is that I spent the majority of the day trying to accomplish one task. ONE task out of the 4 on my to-do. Let's just say that the Italians are the most inefficient people, well add that to the Army's insufficiency and you get what is called a nightmare. Tomorrow will be a different day though, and at least I have things to accomplish!

Off to see if I can get the our car tonight!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so confused, Anna! In Paris you loved doors. Now you hate doors? I guess it is a woman's prerogative to change her mind! Just keep posting so that we can keep up. :-)

    I pray that all is well with you both.

    Love, Me

    ReplyDelete