8.14.2011

Manna Monday's

Last week was week 3. And I was so consumed with preparing for the possibility of James coming home I forgot to tell about the awesome fried okra I made. Every Monday Fawn, Meredith and I eat dinner at Fawn's house- it has been happening since week 2 of IBOLC and Fawn's mother-in-law has started to call it Manna Monday's at Fawn's. Manna- like Meredith and Anna. Hahaha- creative. So last week- I made fried okra. Fawn got a ton of okra from her CSA and was not sure how to cook it and neither one of them has eaten it before...Welcome to the South.  I love fried okra. So I went out to buy a huge thing of vegetable oil

Every time I deep fry, I never have enough oil, so I decided to go ahead and buy the massive bottle so next time this won't happen.



And then I forgot to take a picture of the finished product. Clearly still not sure to doing this whole blogging thing. But its okay- because the handful of people looking at this know what fried okra looks like. So I'm not concerned.



No comments:

Post a Comment