8.23.2011

Stop putting things on the stove.

I have had way too many close calls in the kitchen in the past two weeks. It all started with the mini kitchen fire. I was cooking some food for James' 8hr pass and put one of our kitchen towels on one of the hot burners. Who knows why I thought that would be a good idea, but the worst part is how long it too for me to figure out what was burning! The flames finally clued me in. Thank God that the faucet was running and the sink was empty (because that NEVER happens), so I quickly threw the towel in the sink. I can now put my whole fist through the hole that I burned. Whoops.

Then a couple of days later I put one of Fawn's grocery store bags- the reusable ones- on the stove. It was logical because I had just unloaded all of the vegetables onto the counter, so I just slide the bag over to the stove. Well later that day, I was making some oven dried tomatoes when once again I smelled the burning. So I go into the kitchen, look at the tomatoes- which looked fine, and realized that smoke was coming from the bag. No fire yet, but now there is a hole in Fawn's awesome reusable grocery bag.

To add to my mishaps in the kitchen... the oven dried tomatoes looked GREAT at one point. They smelled so good! But when I took them out of the oven the were still REALLY mushy- so they weren't quite done yet. So I left them in over night with the oven set at 100. (You are actually suppose to cook them over night, I was just trying to speed the process along) This is what I saw when I woke up:

I"m attempting to make these one more time. Then I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment