8.05.2011

Crazy weekend.

Last weekend was really crazy, but it was good to be crazy. I need crazy sometimes because it helps keep me sane and the weekends are always the worst. So this weekend was packed. I had 2 baby showers last weekend. The first one was for my friend Laura. Her husband was in the same IBLOC class with James and she has 2 PRECIOUS children. So we decided to throw a surprise diaper shower for her, which went on without a hitch! She got tons of diapers so hopefully she will be set for a while. I am really excited because she even asked me and Meredith to come and stay with her kids, Aven and Brayden if she went into labor before her parents arrived. So I am praying for her to go into labor early :) Her kids are awesome and I would LOVE to stay with them and also to try and help make her transition smoother.

After Laura's baby shower, I drove to Birmingham to go to Rebecca's baby shower. We worked together on the 9th floor at OU Children's hospital and we became fast friends. She told me this past weekend that she knew we would be friends when I told her I was obsessed with Wicked and that my favorite part was the "Popular" song and then I sang it for her....who am I? I sing to random people. I don't even remember that. It was great get to go down a day early and hang out with her and catch up on life. We went to do a little shopping and find her some cute jewelry to wear for the shower and then ate at an AWESOME Mexican restaurant. Her and Peter were so wonderful to be around- they lifted my spirits and made the weekend away from James so much more enjoyable. I doubt that they will ever realize how much they helped me. Becca's parents were wonderful as well- they opened up their home to me, despite the fact that they were preparing for a huge shower the next day. And I even got to join in on a great family breakfast. Being around family can be so refreshing- and apparently I like to be around any family :) The shower was beautiful. Little Grace Ann now has everything she will ever need. The best part was watch Becca open a beautiful dress given to her from her dad- everyone was crying, it was ridiculous. And can I just say that Grace Ann will seriously have the cutest room EVER. Peter apparently really liked the owls- for wisdom, which works for him because he is really, really smart, so she has the precious owl and bird bedding from Pottery Barn with the cutest accessories. I am definitely a fan! Not that it really matters if I like it, but I do.

Another part of my weekend was getting to spend Sunday morning and lunch with Will, Cynthia, Elise and Albert. Like I said before, being in the presence of family is wonderful, so getting to spend time with the Jordan clan was a huge blessing. I went to church with them and really enjoyed the music and the sermon and then had some incredible food. I definitely eat better when I am with people! I am so thankful that I was able to get to see them and that it was so easy to crash their Sunday routine.

I am so thankful for wonderful family and friends!





















                                                                                                     







No comments:

Post a Comment