7.27.2011

Productive

I guess that my day ended up being productive. I tackled my project for the week- my baby gift for Rebecca. I will probably head to Hobby Lobby again tomorrow to pick up some more things to modge podge because it was so much fun and now I have a ton of modge podge left over. Rebecca and I met in Oklahoma- we worked on the same floor at the hospital. We got along really well and I attribute that to her being from Alabama. We quickly bonded over the fact that we were new to the state and didn't have any friends- the best way to make a new friend. I was was even more excited when I found out that she was pregnant. Literally almost cried. Then I moved and she moved and I never got to throw her a shower... but I got invited to her shower in Alabama! So that is where I will be spending Saturday night and Sunday. I decided to get crafty for her little one Grace Anne. This is what I made:

 Yes, the birds on the G and the R are upside down....thus the reason for another trip to Hobby Lobby- might be redoing those. And then I made the sides of the G and the R the same paper as the face of the A and the side of the A the same paper as the face of the G and the R. Confusing. Here is another picture.


I loved doing this! I decided that projects like this are going to be the way to go... doing stuff for other people can definitely help with the sadness that I have recently been feeling.

Then I went to the grocery store- so I could make these awesome cookies that I found on pinterest and I got some ice cream with Fawn, Renee and Tirzah! The little was so precious. She kept me entertained the whole time.





Then came home to make these DELICIOUS cookies!


So all in all a much better day than it started out.

No comments:

Post a Comment