7.09.2011

Way too long.

It has been a crazy couple of weeks. And by crazy, I mean we have not been home for 2 weeks except for one night. So I am breaking this post up. It has the possibility to be SUPER long, so I'll spare you.

June 21st. My husband, received his blue cord. He has been looking forward to this moment for years. And it has finally arrived. I was beyond proud to watch him standing at attention with the blue cord over his right arm. 
Isn't he cute?!


I was standing in the back of the room trying not to cry because Ellen and I were almost late to the ceremony. And by almost, I mean we weren't really late, but all the boys starting standing at attention about 10 minutes before hand, and Ellen and I had to walk into the room in front of everyone. Perfect. Embarrassing. Ellen literally had to tell me to pull it together before we walked in.

The ceremony was short and sweet. Everyone applauded the boys and then we were lead into the dining room were we ate and awesome meal, enjoyed a couple of drinks, and got to talk to a TON of people. The best part for me was that Ellen was able to accompany one of James' friends as his date to the ceremony. So basically, I tricked him into letting me bringing a friend!!
Here we are with some of our friends. We are both so thankful to have made such close friends during the past 16 weeks.
Here I am with Fawn, Meredith, and Laura (left to right).
And James with Joe, Daniel, Mike (Blanchard) and Mike (McGee). I call them by their first names and just realized why it can confusing. Still don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment