7.21.2011

Our Life Right Now.

Ranger School. We have spent the week buying everything "necessary" for the packing list...which is ridiculous by the way. Luckily, James and I have saved a lot of money and haven't spent nearly has much as the suggested number we were originally told. So yay!! We have checked the list 3 times ourselves, he is taking everything in today to get checked by his instructors, and then we will do a final check tomorrow and then literally lock it all away until Sunday. Homeboy is ready to go.



James has been as calm as ever this week, while I have been the anxious one. I have what I call, "anticipatory anxiety," don't know if that is a legitimate diagnosis or not, but it's true. So while my heart will definitely ache when he is gone, all of this stuff leading up to Sunday is driving me crazy. I've been trying to read and watch the news, but as the week has gone by my attention span has slowly gotten shorter. So going on walks, sewing, baking, making bread and double checking the "list" have been filling my days. Luckily, James has gotten off really early this week so we have been able to enjoy this time together going to movies, watching "How I Met Your Mother" and "Breaking Bad," shopping for Ranger stuff, and enjoying our last dinners together.

I think I am dreading it so much because I feel like it is going to be like the 10 day FTX...which was an awful 10 days. I felt like everyone was out to get me. We had the Lowe's incident, lost debit card, finding out they were going to be gone an extra night and other small and probably meaningless mole hills that I made into mountains. Maybe it will be better because I will have a longer time to get into my routine or maybe it will just be a better 62...hopefully 62... days in general. I am certainly hoping so! Either way, whether these next 62 days are awful or wonderful, I can't wait to see what God has in store. I know there is something waiting for me.



Prayer Requests:
-James doesn't hurt himself
-Strong mind... this is a mental battle
-Strong heart...this is only the beginning of the time we could be spending apart. Let our hears not grow weary.
- I can hold down the fort :) This will probably make for some fun blogs.... hopefully I won't have another week like the 10 day.

No comments:

Post a Comment