7.25.2011

Yesterday.

Our last full day together. Definitely started off anxiously but we decided that we had no reason to be anxious and we needed to relax so that we could fully enjoy the day. It started early- neither one of us sleeping very well- so we had chocolate chip waffles and eggs :)

Then we started the daunting task of writing his name on EVERYTHING. We decided watching a movie would be the best way to pass the time. Ultimately it ended in me writing SIMPSON on some pieces and JMS on others. Whoops. Hopefully he won't get delirious enough that he can't remember SIMPSON and JMS. Here was all of his stuff:


Surprisingly enough, it doesn't look like it is that much in the picture. But the house was a mess. I had also personally decided that I wasn't going to do any dishes so the kitchen looked like a tornado had just gone through it. First thing I cleaned when I got home.

We watched the movie The Guardian with Kevin Costner and Ashton Kutcher- it was awesome!! And definitely a great motivational movie- even though it was about the Coast Guard instead of the Army, but motivational nonetheless. After the movie we did the fourth and final count for the packing list. It took a littler longer than we had expected- but everything checked, double checked, and packed. The  bags were locked and we both took a huge sigh of relief.

Next. A run. I think it was more of a mental thing for James- get outside, do something active. And my innate desire to suffocate James the closer it gets to separation time convinced me that I could go on a run as well. Please start laughing now. Lesson was learned- running inside on a treadmill is not the same as running on a trail...outside. Thankfully, James just wanted to "jog." Once we started, I realized that his jog was more of an 8 minute/mile pace and I just wasn't going to keep up. But my sweet boy, slowed down- even to a fast walk for me. We ran 1 3/4 of a mile around a beautiful lake and then I was done. I have a goal to actual do the same run when he gets back and not look/feel like I am dying. I think I can definitely accomplish that!!

Dinner. We were planning on eating dinner out, but when our packing job ran over our allotted amount of time we had to knix something. Dinner it was. Well, the process of going out to dinner. The place we were going to dinner, Woodstone, had carry-out- which suited us just fine and we came back to have a picnic on the floor! Dinner was amazing. We started with some Tuscan Hummus and freshly baked pita bread, James had steak medallions over gorgonzola/spinach fettuccine, and I a grilled chicken breast topped with goat cheese and something else- I can't remember right now.

We concluded the night snuggled up on the couch with some ice cream and a movie. It was the perfect day for us


No comments:

Post a Comment