2.14.2012

It's the little things.

It's the little things that make life over here awesome and difficult. It is truly like a love-hate relationship sometimes.

  • Love my beautiful floors. Hate that they literally require cleaning every day. 
  • Love the family owned businesses. Hate that everything shuts down from 12-3, Monday or Wednesday nights, and Sundays. 
  • Hate doing laundry. Love that my washing machine takes 4 hours to do one load. Literally not possible to do more than 2 loads of laundry a day. Hate that is takes 4 hours. 
  • Enjoying- not really loving yet- the recycling. Hate that it is a requirement. 
  • Love having someone else fill up my car with gas. Hate driving.
  • Love the Italian language. Hate that it is so hard to communicate.
  • Love the local produce. Hate that I cannot buy blueberries right now. 
  • Love having shutters. Hate opening them. Literally, sitting in the semi-dark right now. 
Then there are the weird things.
  • I have to open my windows after showers or running the dishwasher to prevent mold and mildew in the house.
  • I keep "moisture packages" around the house to help absorb the water in the air.
  • I am suppose to cross ventilate the house 10minutes every day...it's too cold, so I don't. 
  • The recycling boxes are randomly placed all down the street. 
  • I get chastised for parking- usually not close enough to the car behind or in front of me- when Italians struggle to drive in the first place
  • No garbage disposal....
  • I have to light my oven on fire to get it work. Oh, and my front right stove top burner thing. 
  • I have to empty out the water from the dryer after every load.
  • I have to put salt in the dishwasher because the water is so hard that it isn't good for the dishes. 
  • The euro has COINS for 1euro and 2euro. Causes me to have way too much money in coins.
Like I said. It's the little things

No comments:

Post a Comment