2.15.2012

What I'm Loving Wednesday

 
Well, I got called out for not doing this last week. My B. It surprisingly warmed my heart though that people do read. Sometimes I feel like all of this is just stupid, but then I remember that I do want these memories one day, and I am for sure not going to be able to remember them all when I leave this place, so it is necessary to keep the blog. Here is what I am loving today:

  • Finding blueberries at the commissary...I've been really wanting to make blueberry muffins
  • Having a car and paying it forward- today I was able to help a friend out by driving her a couple of places. Not a big deal, but it nice to know that I am able to help people the way James and I were helped when we first got here
  • Cereal. It's a cereal for dinner kind of night.
  • A friend's surprise visit
  • My landlord that came down with the heating technician to translate and look at my house
  • Downton Abbey. Obsessed. And successfully hooked all of my friends out here on it
  • Open shutters- reminded how much natural light can really change and brighten a day
  • The precious time I get in the car with James 
  • A Valentine's Day package that came in the mail!!! My box of chocolates is already half way gone...
  • The funny card and amazing chocolate my sweet boy gave me
  • Finding an awesome pizzeria down the street
  • Learning how to say Happy Valentine's Day in Italian! San Valentino!! 
  • Resiliency training provided by the Army Community Services
  • Random emails
  • Finally catching friends on Skype
  • Meaningful conversations about the road ahead with James
  • Eucalyptus Shower gel
  • The laughter of my friends little girl

1 comment:

  1. I read this! I'm a little obsessed. It's bookmarked on our iPad. Don't judge...there's just not a lot going on in Iowa!

    ReplyDelete