2.28.2012

Italian Class

I signed up for Italian class to supplement my Rosetta Stone. I think the class will be beneficial because I will be learning grammar and how to form sentences and more conversational language, while Rosetta Stone has been building my vocabulary, I'm having trouble translating what I want to say. Plus the class was 30euro for a semester...so I am pretty excited.

I am really thankful, because a friend told me about the class- she took it last semester so she is a class ahead of me, but she said she would help me register...thank GOODNESS she did. Mainly because the lady was speaking Italian way too fast for me to comprehend and she was not being super nice. Clearly, I am signing up for a beginners level Italian class...why she thought she could just speak to me like I was a national, I have no idea.

The worst part, was trying to find the school though! Lindsey gave me good directions, but I somehow got turned around...didn't have the address, so the GPS was no help, even though I did search for the schools in the surrounding area...still no help. In my confusion of trying to find this place- which I had literally driven by MULTIPLE times, I found myself driving on a walking path. A WALKING PATH. I freaked out! All of the people walking just kept staring at me...just glad the cops weren't called. In my defense, the "walking path" was pavement and JUST as wide as the street. I just thought the walking path was one direction of travel and the street was the other direction...wrong. The street was 2 way street. I'm just glad it was night and not extremely crowded. Just another awkward Italian moment :)

1 comment: