2.20.2012

Rough.

I took James to work on Thursday morning. I dropped my phone in the car. It was early, way too early. So I didn't worry about it, until I pulled in front of my house and realized that I have to set an alarm. Blah. So I turned the light on inside the card, found the phone, hopped out, and went to bed. Later that day, much later, I tried to get in the car to run some errands. Key word. Tried. Sadly, I had forgotten to turn OFF the light. Details, details. So I call Lindsey and she runs over with her cables and car- thank goodness for friends.

Not that big of deal, right? Except that I am parallel parked, with a car tightly parked in front of me.Thank goodness, there was a driveway behind me, so I try to push the car backwards. No such luck, alone. So I wait. Sit and wait for Lindsey. Once she arrives, we laugh. We push the car back, and laugh. Two little girls, pushing a car, with several men passing by. We were able to push the car far enough back to wedge Lindsey's car in between. Perfecto!! UNTIL cars try and drive down the street. Which, honestly, the cars could get by JUST fine. It was a little tight, but what else was I suppose to do? My car was dead. So I started throwing my hands in the air and yelling, Prego to all of the cars ...and then got some more dirty looks. Typical. Italians are so dramatic.

The next thing I know the carabinari are walking up trying figure out what was going on...carabinari=Italian police. Awesome. They didn't speak English, so he just sat there and watched us. We apologized and hurried our way along and he helped direct traffic- which ended up being the best thing anyone could have done!!




1 comment: