3.12.2012

Manna

This past week has been an emotional roller coaster. James left a week ago. I packed my schedule full of social events to help mask the ache in my heart. Carolina won. Carolina lost. And now a week has passed. I'm sitting here, Monday morning exhausted. Not looking forward to this week. Not even feeling like I will have enough energy to last through the week. Trying to get my body to eat so that it can have energy for the day...it hasn't been working. I've been sick since Saturday, and while I'm feeling a million times better, food just isn't doing it for me. I try. I've managed to eat a couple bits of a sandwich the afternoon, forced down a couple bites of rice last night, and some saltine crackers. Your body isn't meant to live off of that! No worries, I've been drinking. Sadly no wine, just gingerale, water, and gatorade. So here I am, trying to stay awake before Italian class and hopefully through class.

My exhaustion has brought my mind to manna- the food that God provided the Israelites in Exodus. Can't believe I remembered that, but thankful nonetheless. I'm not going to worry about making it through the week, or till the end of the month, or till next April. I am not suppose to think that far in advance. I just need to focus on today. God has provided me with the strength, ability, and energy to get through today and that is all the matters.As I look back over the week and even past 3 months of living here, provision has been made. I may be tired, but I take great comfort in that.

On the flip side, there is no stopping life now! We are already in the midst of it and even if I pitched a hissy fit James would still be in Germany and I would still be sick. So bam.

...Just remembered that James left a monster drink here! I think I'll drink that before class!

No comments:

Post a Comment