3.18.2012

StraVicenza Marathon

I ran a race today! My first one ever!! I am not a really big runner...mainly because my mental ability to keep going is much lower than my actual physical ability, so it's just not fun. Even since I have been here I have only run outside one other time. One. I do the elliptical and treadmill at the gym because I would rather watch TV while I run than look at the street, but my friend Lindsey called and told me that she was going to run in the StraVicenza Marathon and asked if I wanted to join. First thought- absolutely not, I can't run a marathon, and do you REMEMBER the last time I ran with you? Luckily, I think Italians call ALL races marathons and she was only going to run the 4.5K part- which is right under 3 miles. I agreed- because why not? Plus, James has always said running a race is a lot different than running by yourself because you have so much adrenaline.

So I did it! We signed up this morning, and prepared to run. And let me tell you what- these Italians were all about it! They were decked out in some serious gear...and while some of them were doing the 10K, most of them were not, and it was hysterical. They were doing ridiculous stretches and warming up, and the whole ten yards.

Here are some pictures of the outfits- lots of spandex going on:



Here are some pictures of Vicenza:







Here are some pictures from the run:
















1 comment:

  1. I love this post!!! :) Love love love the pictures!!! Good times.

    ReplyDelete